Sea Energy Electricity
Did you know? The sea has the power to provide us with the capacity to generate renewable electricity!
Sea Energy Electricity
- The S.E.E. Project is the only design that will effectively capture and harness the energy of the sea every minute of a 24-hour day while converting it into electricity.
- High, low and Spring tides have no negative effect (self-compensating), where most of the other methods depend on tides, resulting in only a few hours of energy per day.
- The S.E.E. Project is the only design that requires very low maintenance with a self-cleaning system.
- A Central Processing Unit (CPU) will operate and manage the complete system.
- No loss of water vapour as an enclosed loop system will circulate continuously to an onshore power station and back to the offshore modules, using biodegradable hydraulic oil.
- Debris and unwanted foreign obstacles in the water will have no negative impact.
- During rough sea conditions, additional energy can be stored to utilise during calm sea conditions.
- No mechanical mechanisms are required to convert into motion – very low wear and tear.
- The success of the S.E.E. Project lies in the harmonious cooperation with the natural characteristics of the sea and not trying to tame Mother Nature.
- Installation of the S.E.E. Project on a large scale will cost less compared to that of a conventional power station due to the modular design and the replication thereof.
- The erection and installation period will be far less than conventional power stations. Work will progress on three different sites simultaneously; Casting of modules, marine civils and onshore power station.
- The main structure is built from re-enforced concrete with a life expectancy of 100 years.
- The offshore concrete modules will be +- 100 meters from the beachfront behind white water +- 12 meters deep. This will vary from site to site. Will not affect shipping vessels.
- S.E.E. does not require white water waves.
- The S.E.E. modules will be fully relocatable after placement.
- Zero pollution. Earn carbon credits.
- The S.E.E. Project needs no fuel to operate; the energy of the sea is free and perpetual.
- It produces no Greenhouse gases or any form of waste to discard.
- It can be utilised as a breakwater for harbors or where needed while generating electricity.
- Water waves flow through the modules. It has high resistance against nature’s forces.
- It can also be programmed to go into a “sleeping cycle” to protect even more against forces of nature, i.e. Tsunamis.